Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Poem 20: Free Verse

The night is beginning and the dusk begins to fall. Where the wolf begins to howl and the creature begins his hunt on the weak. For the weak he devours and takes into nightfall. But, not too worry, when all seems dark the morning glimpse of the sun begins to rise. And the weak no longer weak but will rise. And the light of His face will end the nightfall and the light will devour the creature that was out to do the very same thing. Now as the old road waits to devour me, I have chosen the path that leads to destruction. Where the intimacy has vanished and all but the secretive love remains. From where I began walking to the hills I'm facing. From the sights high to the thing I thought was instilled in me. I ask you to take this heart full of hate, and fill it with nothing but compassion. To the road that awaits me, I can always run back. The race continues as I stay still on the starting line not knowing if I want to commit to cross. From what I was, to what I have become. Thy love no more secretive but as graceful as a bald eagle's wings, I ask you to release me and captivate my heart once more. As all once started and you will be the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment